My IT Support install and support a wide range of Windows based server models. As servers are network based we also support most common network topography’s. If you are unsure of the type of server you are operating or your are looking for advice on a server for your organisation please contact us directly here.
Supported Operating Systems
- Small Business Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2011
- Server 2012 Essentials
- Server Standard, Enterprise and Datacentre for NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016
Unfortunately, we do not support Linux and Apple servers at this time
Common Server Roles
- Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
- SQL 2005, 2008 and 2012
- Remote Desktop Services (formally known as Terminal Services)
- Hyper V virtual environments
- SharePoint 2007, 2010 2013 and 2016
- IIS and web services
There are basically two kinds of networks operating in businesses today.
- Workgroup networks, which are a simple arrangement of computers, printers etc. together with an Internet connection through a modem
- Domain based networks which are more secure networks controlled by a server. A domain is actually a type of network, not to be confused with the domain name of your website.
- A Wireless network is not a type of network as above. It is a common reference to how the physical data travels, i.e. wirelessly using a radio signal as opposed to wired, which uses cables. Wireless networks are always auxiliary to wired networks. For information on wireless networks see here.
Servers and Networks
Servers go hand in hand with networking and hence we manage basic small office networking to larger medium business topography’s. Don’t be concerned if you have little or no understanding of what kind of network you operate, we can determine that for you and most are simple and standard. The following information is for those who have a broader understanding of networking structures. We provide and support:
- Level’s One, Two and Three switching environments
- Routing and Virtual Private Networks
- Network security hardware solutions
- Wireless solutions both internal and external
- Cabling and rack mounting
Microsoft Windows networks are obviously our forte and where we choose to specialise. If you looking for support for Novell or Linux/Unix networking, unfortunately we can’t help you at this time.